Monday, January 29, 2007

This past weekend

One of the girls I used to run with has been trying to get us to go with her to her parents "cabin" for a few months. This weekend we finally went. We left Friday about 4:00 and came home Saturday evening. It was a lot of fun. It turns out it wasn't a cabin, even though that's what they call it. It's a house. A big house, and no one lives there full time. It's just used for a get away weekend. It was up Logan canyon, about 15 minutes. When I was going to USU, I passed this house, and was told once that it was USU's president's house. I guess it's not, or maybe it used to be, but no longer is. It's right off the main road.
We went on a walk. It was cold, but we were dressed warm.
Everyone walking up the road.

Kaitlin, Jared, and Heather in their sleeping bags. Kaitlin is watching a movie that is on down below. They are sleeping upstairs, and the family room is right below them.

The hot tub with 3 adults and 10 kids. It wasn't very relaxing with all of those kids. Luke called it the "bath". Cathi is taking the picture, because she is pregnant with their 7th child and can't get in. We played lots of games and ate a lot, too. It was fun.



5 comments:

Delene said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! When are you coming down here????
I clean Grandmas house Feb 6. I'm going to try to do it really fast. I'll have Ryan and LaCee at home.

Rose said...

Feb. 6th is a Tuesday. Are you coming to SLC in the middle of the week. We will plan a weekend to come down hopefully this month. We have no Sunday callings, so it's a lot easier to come down right now.

Susan said...

I wish I had a get away weekend house like that, especially with a hot tub! You should keep them as your friends.

Anonymous said...

looks like a fun weekend...mary ann

Tracie said...

A hot tub sound so good right now. I'm freezing!! I love those kinds of cabins. I'm going to own one someday...on my teacher salary....I'll invite you all up.