I also let them choose a cake from the book Mom gave me for Christmas. Jared chose the "Under the sea" one. He decorated it himself.
While we were waiting for kids to get there, we covered the table with butcher paper and the kids colored.

Jared invited 8 boys, so counting my 4 kids, we had 12 kids at the party.They ate pizza, chips, and carrot sticks for lunch. Then they played Apples to Apples, Freeze Dance, and Bingo. Then we had cake. I put two quarters in the cake, and the same boy happened to get both quarters.

The last half hour, they finally convinced me to put a movie on. I was happy to do so at that point. That many boys can be very noisy, but I think Jared had a good time.
Heather has Joy School at our house next week. That will be her party. (She still wants to pick out a cake, though). Kaitlin's party will be the week after that. Wish me luck.
4 comments:
What a fun idea for cold weather! Sounds like they enjoyed it. I think Heather should pick out two cakes!
You are such a good mom!! I want to be like you when I grow up!
fun!!!
You are a good mom. That's a fun idea. The girl party will probably be a little calmer.
Post a Comment