Friday, October 31, 2008

Pumpkins

We actually went on a hayride to get pumpkins a few weeks ago. It was a beautiful Saturday. We didn't even wear jackets.
The whole family on the hay wagon. This is always fun.

Then, Wednesday night, we carved the pumpkins. This is one job that's fun, but I'm really glad it's only once a year. It is so messy. Heather marked most of her pattern, but then I helped her finish and cut it out.


Jared almost has his cleaned out.

Kaitlin marks her pattern. Luke lost interest pretty fast, so Dave did his for him.




Dave brought out the saw to cut the tops of the pumpkins out. He doesn't mess around.




Jared's spider.






Kaitlin's cat, Heather's racoon, and Jared's spider.







Luke's ghost, my tree, Dave's scary man. They always look cool when it's dark and the candles are lit.








4 comments:

Mary Ann said...

good job!

Delene said...

They do look great! Good MOM!!! and DAD!!!!

Tracie said...

Wow!! Those are fancy pumpkins! Way to go! They look great. P.S. I got your jump drive today.

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

Wow, those are cool pumpkins!