Friday, October 10, 2008

Happy Birthday, Luke!

Luke turned 4 years old. I can't believe he's already 4. He loves balloons, so I took him to Ben Franklin and let him choose some balloons.
When Dave was growing up, they always had 3-layered cakes, each layer being a different color. I used chocolate for 1 layer, and then I used a yellow cake mix. Half of it stayed yellow, and the other half I used food coloring to color it orange. The kids thought it was great. They even got chocolate cup cakes with the leftover chocolate batter. I let Luke choose the decorations on the cake.
We found this hot wheels race track for him. It is basically a little minature pinewood derby. He loves it.
For dinner we went to Chucky Cheese's. They just opened one in Layton, and it was packed.
The kids had so much fun playing all the games, we didn't leave until 9:00, and it was a school night. Then, we came home and had cake and ice cream and Dave's Mom and Dad came over to give him a present. So it was really late when our kids got to bed that night, but everyone had fun anyway.

5 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I looks like you had fun!

Andy Bartholomew said...

loooks like luke wasnt the only one who liked the hot wheels!

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

Fun Party!!

Tracie said...

I can't believe he's already 4 either!! I was going to say the same thing as andy!

Susan said...

The last picture confused me at first. I saw Luke and then an adult kneeling beside him but the head on the adult looked really small. I had to enlarge it to see that it was Michelle's spiky hair sticking up over Luke's head.