Friday, June 27, 2008

Another critter story

I went out to put some things away in the camping trailer today, and when I came back up the side walk, I saw a black and white friend in the window well. This skunk was stuck for awhile. I called Dave, and he told me to get a long board to put in so the skunk could climb out, but when I went back out, the skunk was already out. He hung out at the side of our house for quite awhile, and then just disappeared. I think I prefer a skunk to a pile of snakes, but Dave thinks I'm crazy, because a skunk could really cause a lot more stink than a little garter snake.

9 comments:

Mary Ann said...

wheres the gun...It's hunting time! At least your kids (Heather) didn't think it was a cute kitten and try to play with it or help it out of the window well!

Rose said...

I don't think shooting a skunk would be a good idea. It would probably spray.

Tracie said...

I'm just glad you got a picture of it all before it got out. Are you sure about this new house of yours????!

Tracie said...

I'm just glad you got a picture of it all before it got out. Are you sure about this new house of yours????!

Delene said...

Did Jan and Steve have this much fun when they lived there?

Susan said...

It does look kind of fluffy and cute. That's "country life" for you.

Rose said...

Look at it this way, Tracie. We are just trying to get rid of all of the critters before you come to visit. And, yes, I think Steve and Jan were pretty used to critters. We are just trying to get rid of them.

Jolene Martinez said...

I'm with you Rose. I would prefer a stinky skunk to creepy snakes.

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

Yep, me too - skunks over snakes!! They are just less creepy.