Sunday, April 06, 2008

Snakes!

Kaitlin went outside to let the dog out today, and came running in, telling Dave that he needed to come and see something gross. There on the porch steps was a pile of snakes sunning themselves on the warm cement. Dave put them in this bucket, and then we started looking around for more and found another pile in a nearby window well. Did I ever tell you that I really HATE snakes. They give me the creeps. Dave put them all in this bucket, but they were going to climb out of it, so...
He put them in this garbage can.
Here's a picture of all of the kids looking in the garbage can.
Dave killed them all with a spear. There were eleven all together. That is just gross. Now that the weather is starting to warm up, the snakes are coming out. They are not welcome at our house, so we will be fighting to get rid of them. They have been living under the porch, so Dave is going to seal all the cracks and then we will spray for all of the bugs they would be eating. Any one have any other tips to keep them away?

15 comments:

Rebecca said...

Aweful!!! Just Horrible!! I hate snakes too. Mike says at least you won't have a mouse problem anytime soon.

Rose said...

That's true. I don't like mice either.

Susan said...

Now that's a blogworthy story. Good thing Dave was home, huh?

Mary Ann said...

Jared says....give me no poisonous snakes over poisonous spiders anyday. I agree. But kill and spray away!

Jolene Martinez said...

I would be so freaked out!!!! To be honest I'm a little freaked now. I found a snake once in our yard when I was pulling weeds. I didn't even know it was there until it moved. I was so close to it. I did the hebejebe dance right then and there and ran into the house.

Gords said...

Hey Rose - if you find any more and Dave is around to put them in a bucket or something would you call Cathi? Jacob had three of them as pets but two of them didn't make it through this winter and how cold our house was inside (Gas bill was out of control!) Now that it's warming up it would be nice to have a couple more to replace those that died. Snakes are cool! Those garter snakes don't hurt anyone.

Rose said...

They don't hurt anyone, but I still don't like them. I will call Cathi. Jacob can have as many as he wants.

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

AAAAAGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! YUCK!!!! I don't do snakes either!! That is freaky - snakes in a bucket pictures. I could handle one. But I don't even go into the reptile house at the zoo. You are so brave to take the picture!

Tracie said...

That is Nasty!! I hate snakes! I don't know if I will ever be able to go into your back yard again. UGH! It gives me the chills just looking at the pictures.

Delene said...

Your dad hates snakes, I hate snakes....you come by it naturally! YUCKY!

Jolene do you have a blog???

Andy Bartholomew said...

thats just too many snakes. yuck!!!!

Carl and Pat said...

You should have been around our house when Darren was growing up...rattlesnakes, rubber boas, garter snakes, etc.

Rose said...

I guess a few garter snakes aren't too bad compared to rattle snakes.

Anonymous said...

Poor Garter snakes. It is ignorant to kill them.

Tiff Gatten said...

Sick! I hate snakes!