Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Pumpkin hayride

All month we have been wanting to do a hayride with the kids. We finally did Monday night. They pulled the trailer with an old tractor, and when we got to the pumpkin patch, the driver of the tractor said, "I'm the boss, so take all you want. Tonight's the last night for the hayrides." This man reminded me a lot of Grandpa Bartholomew. There were thousands of big huge pumpkins. We ended up taking 9 big pumpkins, plus he told us to take some indian corn that was growing nearby. The kids had a lot of fun. So did Dave and I. We just got a new computer, and haven't loaded my other picture program on yet. I can't figure out how to flip the pictures on this program. I'll get it, though.



Heather dancing with her indian corn.

5 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I love that first picture of Luke. Did Heather "peel" her corn?

Rose said...

No, Dave just pulled the husks back and put them on the porch for decoration.

Tracie said...

Fun! I want to go on a hay ride. I don't think I have ever been on one...unless you count Christmas caroling.

Susan said...

What a fun family activity.

Delene said...

If Luke looked any more like Dave,,,,! Looks fun.