Wednesday, October 17, 2007
The Pinewood Derby
I hate it when I forget to flip the pictures the right direction. Sorry. They Pinewood Derby was last night. It was a lot of fun. Siblings got to participate, too. Heather and Kaitlin shared a car. The guy that owned the track and ran the race did an excellent job. At the end, before any prizes were awarded, he had the three slowest cars race against each other, and gave a special prize for the slowest car.
There were 36 cars that participated. Jared's car took 6th over all, and Kaitlin and Heather's car took 7th. Jared barely beat the girls by tenths of a second. In the wolf den, Jared won 2nd place. In the sibling race, Kaitlin and Heather won 3rd place, which is really good considering they were racing against teenage boys who have done it many times before.
Jared's car. He won the award for the most aerodynamic car.
Kaitlin and Heather's car.
Kaitlin and Heather watching their car come in first. Each car got to go down the track 4 times, and our cars were first each time against the cars they were racing. The cars were timed each time they went down the track and then a computer averaged the times to get the overall winners.
Jared and Luke watching the races.
Kaitlin and Heather waiting for their car to come down the track.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
that looks like fun. I think it is neat that the girls got to participate. I know I always wanted to
Good thing the pink car didn't win. There would have been a lot of upset scouts!
Post a Comment