Tuesday, June 30, 2009

MItchell Family Reunion

We just got back from the Mitchell family reunion this last weekend. I brought some light stick bracelets, and the kids ran around in the dark with them. Michelle, too. It was funny, you couldn't even see her, but I knew what color her bracelet was and her shoes had lights on them. She stayed up so late, and she loved it.
Sitting around the campfire making S'mores.
The handsome fire builder.
The big playpen. The kids loved playing on the 4-wheeler trailer.
Joe and Nicole were in charge this year. They had a pirate theme. Each family was sent on a treasure hunt to find something we needed for the pinata. Our family found the pinata itself. The kids loved it.
Dinner after swimming.
Saturday afternoon we went to Dawnata Hot Springs by Downey, Idaho. They have a big pool with a couple of slides, two other big water slides, and a play area where there are the water fountains like they have at Gateway. Michelle is playing in the water fountains in this picture.
Dave playing with the kids in the pool.
With the pirate theme, each family was supposed to make a flag to mark their territory. Kaitlin and Heather made ours a week ahead of time, and then we forgot it. So, when we got home, we took a picture of it. I need to take another picture of it, because in this picture you can't see what was on it. It's a treasure chest and a sword with the words "Incredible Gold Diggers."
We went on a family hike. Michelle didn't make it very far, though, and she got too heavy to carry, so I turned around with Michelle while everyone else went on.
Kaitlin, Jared, and Luke slept in a tent, while the rest of us slept in the trailer. We had a lot of fun.

1 comment:

Joe and Nicole said...

Glad everyone had fun. We did. Take another picture of your flag so we can put it in the book. I had Zoe take pictures of them for me. I did not get the families with them like I wanted though :(