Happy 4th of July! This is always one of my favorite holidays. I think it's because of the warm weather, and I love the relaxed feel of the day. I also love parades and fireworks. This fourth of July my Grandma and Grandpa Bartholomew were some of the Grand Marshalls in the Gunnison parade, so we went down and spent time with lots of family members.
.jpg)
This picture was taken Friday night after a BBQ of hamburgers and hotdogs. My Grandma and Grandpa have 6 children. 5 of their children were there (one daughter is on a mission with her husband right now) A good part of the extended family was there, also.
.jpg)
Gunnison has activites on the 3rd of July. They had a concert from Merrill Osmond that was great. Because I grew up listening to my Mom's Osmond records, I am quite familar with a lot of their songs, and I am a pretty big fan of the Osmonds. I tried to post one of his songs, but the computer is not letting me for some reason tonight. Maybe next time.
.jpg)
Merrill Osmond came around shaking everyone's hands, but I didn't get a very good picture because of the spotlight in the background.
.jpg)
Some of us watching the concert. For you Fayette people, you can see some of the Avery's and King's sitting behind us.
.jpg)
Before the concert they had Shawn Nielson, a local boy, and a couple of friends doing stunts on motorcycles. They went so high in the air, and then when they were in the air, they would do flips or let go. It was scary. How any parent ever lets their child make that first jump is beyond me. I don't think I could do it. It was cool to watch, though.
.jpg)
The Gunnison parade was the next morning. You never know what MaryAnn will do with a licorice rope.
.jpg)
Hey, Heather, I think Dad bought that drink for me. That's why she looks so mischievious.
.jpg)
Some of the kids watching the parade.
.jpg)
This gun has been in the Gunnison park for as long as I can remember. I played on it when I was little.
.jpg)
After the parade we went back to Fayette and let the kids play in the water. My kids did not want to go home when it was time. They were having a blast.
.jpg)
More water games. Dave got in on the water fight, but I stayed with Grandma and Grandpa and some others in the "dry" zone.
.jpg)
We went back to Kaysville that afternoon and went to the Kaysville fireworks with some of the Mitchell side of the family.

Waiting for the fireworks. It was a fun two days. But, we do have tired kids today. Everyone's going to bed on time tonight. Even me.
4 comments:
I'm sorry I missed out on all the Gunnison/Fayette festivities. The licorice rope looks like a patriotic snake.
We had a great time with everyone!
I need to go to sleep just reading about it!! What a great week!
I was at that same celebration! Sorry I didn't see you there. It's always a good time at Gunnison on the 4th.
Post a Comment