We spent a fun day in Fayette yesterday. Work, work, work, but still fun. Jared and Dave stayed home to do some cub scout stuff and to work here. The rest of us went to Fayette. We started out picking beans while Dad picked corn. Then we husked (or peeled as Heather says) the corn.

Heather was a trooper. She stayed out in the garden husking corn longer than anyone, including adults.

Grandpa, Heather, and Luke gave us some entertainment. Grandpa and Heather on the harmonicas and Luke on the xylophone. They were dancing and having a good time.

MaryAnn and Mom made some raspberry peach jam and bottled some peaches.

Mom cut and bagged corn, and corn, and more corn. I washed it. It wasn't fun.

After Dad finished picking corn, he husked the last of it while the rest of us were inside doing the other things. Heather still stayed out there and talked Grandpa's ear off.

Kaitlin husked corn until she went to play with Taylee. She thought that was more exciting.

Luke helped MaryAnn.

It happened to be Grandma's 59th birthday. We had cake and ice cream.

Singing happy birthday to you.

At the end of the day, the kids helped MaryAnn pick tomatoes while Mom and I still did corn.

Luke was proud of his tomato, even if it was the wrong color.

Of course, what would be a trip to Fayette without playing with the kitty or 4-wheeler rides. The kids got both. Fayette is a fun place to go.
6 comments:
It was a fun but long day. my butt still hurts from those stupid tomatoes and it is 10 pm.
Thanks for the great birthday! I would have had to do that work alone if you hadn't come to help! Thanks to all!
Good job ladies and grandpa! (and kids that helped, too.)
Wow! You guys got a lot accomplished in one day. I just finished making a bunch of jam. I would have been a lot more fun with help. But with schedules the way they are Susan and I were unable to get together.
P.S. Mary Ann still doesn't look very pregnant.
i have a bolg now fyi sounds like work better you than me :)
Post a Comment