Home progress is being made little by little. The plumbers came and took out the tub upstairs and replaced it with this tub. The other tub was the kind with the plastic walls, so now we have to sheetrock and tile. Another project.


This is the before shot of the master bathroom with the shower and the cabinet next to it. The plumbers came and took out the shower and cabinet and were going to install a tub, but there was a big hole in the floor from a previous leak under the shower, so they couldn't install it until the floor was fixed.

So, Dave stayed up until 2 in the morning that night and tore up the old floor and replaced it. He did a good job. The plumbers will come back this week to install the tub so we can sheetrock and tile.

Before picture of the kitchen cabinets with the old oven.

The new oven with the microwave on top and a look at the new cabinet doors. There will be cabinet doors above and below the oven, too, but they haven't been delivered yet.

New kitchen cabinet doors.

After the oven got installed, we had to try it out, so we brought cookie dough and made cookies for a Friday night activity.

We also made microwave popcorn to test the microwave. Jared and Dave are watching it pop. Now Dave can warm up his dinners that I bring him every night instead of eating cold food. (Jared is filthy in this picture, because he was out back playing in the big dirt piles the excavators are making while they make the field out back into lots.)
8 comments:
I am so excited for you. Jared looks like he had lots of fun.
Did you keep the old kitchen cabinets and just replace the doors or did you replace everything? I'm excited for you new house to be finished.
Wow! You guys sure are going to be glad when you're done!! Lots of work!! It looks great though! Maybe soon you can bring mattresses there and sleep there too instead of commuting every day...especially on those 2 am nights.
The house looks great!! Happy Birthday Rosey Posey!
Looks sooo good!
We just replaced the doors. It was a lot cheaper than doing the whole cabinets.
I may be coming down for conference. If your peaches are still good then, I'll take some. I love fresh peaches. I freeze them and then make peach smoothies. mmmm good.
I'll save some for you.
Post a Comment