Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas Eve

Saturday, the 23rd, we had the Mitchell family Christmas party. All of the grandkids acted out the Christmas story. Jared was Joseph, Kaitlin and Heather were angels, and Luke was supposed to be a wiseman, but he didn't cooperate very well. Since we had a big dinner Saturday night at the party, our Christmas Eve was pretty low key. We had taco soup for dinner and then made cookies for Santa.


When we were decorating the cookies, I looked over just in time to see Luke dump a whole bottle of decortaions on one cookie. That's when I decided he needed to go play with Dave and let the rest of us finish the cookies. He had fun, though.
This is their excited look just before they went to bed Christmas Eve. They had just finished setting out cookies for Santa. They wanted to go to bed right after dinner, but Dave and I wanted to keep them up a little later, so they might sleep longer. It was about 9:30 when they went to bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had so much fun. Christmas sure is a lot more fun when there are little kids around!

Delene said...

I'll bet even at 9:30 they still had trouble shutting those excited eyes! I miss those days, (only on Christmas Eve though!).