Sunday, August 15, 2010

Navajo Lake and Zion National Park

A couple of weeks ago we went to Navajo Lake (by Cedar City, UT) with most of my side of the family. We had a great time.Brooklyn and Jenna, my two neices, playing with the wild flowers.
Uncle Ben and Michelle.
Kevin, Heather and Jared in the row boat on the lake.
Kailtin, Brianna, Jenna, Brooklyn, and Michelle in the row boat.
Some of us went to Zion National Park for the day on Saturday. I hadn't been there for a long time. This picture is Luke and Jacob on the last hike we went on. It started to rain lightly as we were walking back down, and by the time we got to the Shuttle Bus, it was pouring rain. We timed that right. We had fun even in the rain.
Heather, Jacob, and Luke playing in the rocks.
Kaitlin and Brianna posing.
Michelle got to ride and be carried a lot. She was a trooper, though.
This is a picture Dave took. On the Shuttle bus inbetween stops, there would be narrations to listen to about everthing we were passing. So, my twin sister, Susan, and I must have been looking up at whatever they were describing at the same time.
Jared and Kevin on the shuttle bus. At one stop, they got their own seats and were so excited. But then, the bus stopped at another stop and several people got on. The only two empty seats were by Kevin and Jared and two girls with bikinis got on. I have never seen those boys move so fast. One of them moved to sit by the other one so they didn't have to sit by the girls in the bikinis. That will change when they get older, I'm sure, but it was really funny.
We walked a lot and we got tired. While we waited for a shuttle bus one time, Kaitlin and Brianna decided to lay down and rest. Susan and Jared joined them.
Everyone waiting for the shuttle bus.

My family.
Brianna and Kaitlin.
The family at wheeping rock. I remember visiting weeping rock as a child, but I remembered more water. Maybe it was a different time of year, or maybe when you are little, things seem so much bigger. It was still beautiful, though.
The cousins chatting and waiting.
My kids loved their new cousin, Allison.
Michelle, Jenna, and Brooklyn posing. I want a shirt just like Brooklyn's. I love M&Ms. We had a great time. I love spending time with family.

1 comment:

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

LOVE these pictures!! Isn't it great to be together? Your family is so beautiful!