While my family was camping at Navajo Lake, we got word that my Grandpa Bartholomew had passed away. He had been suffering from cancer and it was a blessing that he got to go, but we still really miss him. I was lucky enough to grow up with both sets of Grandparents. It has only been the last two years that any have passed away. Now I only have one Grandpa left. Grandparents are very special people, and I hope my kids get to have their grandparents for a very long time still.

Kaitlin, after picking flowers from the bouquets at the graveside service.

Luke and Michelle with their cousins Ethan and Jacob at the graveside service.

The military boys by the casket. Three of these handsome boys are my brothers, and the other two are my cousins. All but one have spent some time in Iraq. Grandpa requested they wear their uniforms to his funeral.

The top of the casket. My Uncle, Steve, is a carpenter and built this casket. He did a beautiful job.

The casket.

I thought it was cool that on the gravestone, they added Grandpa's brand that he used for his sheep and cows.

Grandpa was taken to the cemetary from the church by this horse drawn hearse. Several people walked behind it instead of driving their cars. It was a beautiful service. We will miss you, Grandpa.
1 comment:
I am so grateful for our faith. I can't imagine how much worse it would be to loose those we love.
Post a Comment