Friday, January 02, 2009

Happy New Year!

New Years Eve is always a fun night. These pictures are a little out of order, but they still show our fun times. We had dinner at home. We usually like to go out to eat, but because it is always so crowded on New Years Eve, we decided to go out on New Years Day, instead. After dinner, we went to Kaysville City's New Years Celebration. It went all night, but we only stayed for about an hour and a half. I guess they have story-telling at the Library, dancing and bingo somewhere, dinner, and then they had a kids carnival. That's where we went. After Kaysville, we went to our friends Cathi and Gordon's house in Syracuse and played games and ate more food. It was a lot of fun. We left when Michelle was really grumpy (and Luke was getting that way, too). We made it home just in time for everyone to get pajamas on, get Michelle and Luke in bed (Luke asked to go to bed), and go out on the porch and make some noise to bring in the new year. The mess on the front porch. Confetti and shotgun shells.
At the Kaysville party, the kids got some 2009 New Years stuff. Luke was so tired, he was having a hard time getting his picture taken.
Kaitlin, Heather, and Luke got a cookie at the cake walk during the carnival.
Jared choosing a prize after he won a game.
Luke throwing a football through a tire swing.
Dave and his cool glasses that Luke won.
Heather is fishing for a 2009 headband.
Bringing in the New Year. We slept in until 9:00 (Michelle had a bad night during the night, so we were extra tired). Then, we went shopping for a new couch. We bought one. It gets delivered Tuesday. I will post pictures of it. We even got free pizza at RC Willey for lunch. After taking it easy (and napping for some, duck hunting for others) in the afternoon, we went to dinner at Red Robin. Now, back to real life. No more holidays for awhile.

3 comments:

Tiff Gatten said...

Yeah, I don't know how I'll ever go back to real life on Monday...Channy's been off track so long I forgot what school is like. Happy New Year. I love the video. I really should break mine out now and then.

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

That video was Funny!

Susan said...

I loved the video as well. We should get together some time for New Years. Maybe the Bartholomew Christmas party should be on New Years Eve next year.