Sunday, January 25, 2009

Classic Skating

The school had a free skating night a couple weeks ago, but I forgot to post the pictures. We went once when we all rented roller blades, but that didn't go over too well. Me trying to roller blade while helping a kid who has no idea how didn't work out too well. So, when the kids mentioned we could take the new scooters they got for Christmas, I was all for that. We only had to rent Luke a scooter. Heather and Kaitlin
Jared
Michelle. She's on the top floor looking down below.
Kaitlin I told the kids before we went that we were not going to do all of the extra things, just the scooters. But, I gave in and let them go on all of the bouncer toys. It was only 2.00 each. And, they loved it.
Jared

Kaitlin
Kaitlin trying to teach Luke. He had never tried a scooter before. He kept going the wrong direction, so Kaitlin finally turned him over to me, because she didn't like the Classic Skating Employee getting after her for going the wrong way when she was trying to chase Luke. Kaitlin hates getting in trouble. So, since Dave wasn't there, I pushed Michelle around in the stroller and followed Luke.
Luke got pretty good by the end, and he loved the spiderman scooter we rented.
Heather on her new Bratz scooter. The kids had a great time. Everytime we do something like this, I think we need to do it more often. It's definately not relaxing for me. Chasing Michelle all over and trying to help Luke kept me very busy. But, the kids really loved it, and I think it's great for them. Luke talked about it like crazy the next day. So, this summer, I want to go do more things with the kids. Even if it's just going for bike rides, to the park, and to the library. It's better than staying home all the time.

5 comments:

Delene said...

Looks like a good work out! I'm sure the kids had fun. Luke's picture on the scooter says it all!

Mary Ann said...

Looks like you all had fun!

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

You are such a good mama, that stuff can take it out of us!

Tracie said...

That does sound like fun. You should schedule a family trip to Idaho this summer!!

Susan said...

I agree, those activities are worth when you see how much the kids enjoy. But it's so much easier to just stay home sometimes.