Sunday, November 16, 2008

STAFDA

Last week was STAFDA, Dave's annual business convention. This year only Joe, Nicole, Dave, and I went. It was in Denver, Colorado, so we drove. On the way there, we drove to Cheyenne, Wyoming, and then down to Denver. On the way home, we drove from Denver to Vernal, and home so we saw different scenery each time we drove. This was taken on our way home just inside the Utah border, almost by Dinosaur National Park, which is where we really want to take our kids for a vacation sometime.
I missed the best picture moment. We were driving through a Fayette-sized town called Maybelle, Colorado, and we ran into cows. They were blocking the entire road for about 20 minutes. It totally reminded me of Fayette. I didn't even think to get out the camera until the cows were on the side of the road.

This is a piece of artwork outside the convention center in Denver. I thought it was cool. It was a big blue bear peeking in the windows of the convention center.
This is what the bear looked like from the inside.

The hotels that most of the STAFDA people were staying in were full, so Dave booked rooms in a nearby hotel. He didn't know how the hotel would be. It turned out to be pretty cool. It was called the Hotel Monaco. These were the robes they left for you to use. We never used them, but they were cool.
This is the bed.
Here is the table, and the entertainment center where the TV was hidden. It was great to get away, but it's always great to come home, too. Thanks to both sets of Grandparents, Ryan and LaCee, Gary and Ami, and our friends Cathi and Gordon for taking such good care of our kids while we were gone. They were all spoiled.

4 comments:

Delene said...

Was the Sulton there? Cool rooms!

Gords said...

Luke is a great kid! We had a fun time having him over. I think he had a fun time too. Definitely consider us again if you go away and need someone to help out. It wasn't a problem at all and the kids enjoyed having an extra brother.

Looks like you guys had a good time.

Susan said...

I think Darren's last convention in Denver was at that same convention center.

Rebecca said...

Very fun, who got the Zebra robe? :) I'm glad you had a good time!