Monday, May 12, 2008

This Weekend.

Dave has been wanting to cut out the dead parts of the trees in our yard for a long time, but the ladder is just not long enough. He rented this thing called a "boom" to get high enough.
These are the trees after they got cut. There was a lot of dead branches in them. Hopefully, over time, they will look really healthy and full. Dave also cut down a couple of other trees and changed a light bulb by the roof of the house while he had the boom.
Everyone took rides in it. This picture was taken out of my bedroom window. You can see they are pretty high from the shed in the background.
I think this is Heather and Luke. Luke made me nervous up there, but Dave kept him really close. I rode in it, too, and it was scary when it was fully extended. You are really high up there, and I don't really like heights too much.
Snowhorse elementary had a 5K race. Jared had a baseball game at the same time, so the boys went to the game, and the girls ran the race. (Michelle in the stroller). Kaitlin took off ahead of us, and Michelle and I stayed with Heather. That's a long ways for a little kindergartner, but she did it. She even ran quite a bit of it.
This is my Mother's Day present. Isn't it cool? Now I need a good book and a warm evening. Anyone read any good books lately?
My 5 cute kids on the trampoline. It was a great weekend.

9 comments:

Tracie said...

I bet Jared was really sad he didn't get to run the 5K. I don't think I would have liked the heights either.
And I LOVE my porch swing. Yours looks nice and comfy too!

Mary Ann said...

Wow you guys were really busy!

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

I love your Mother's day present!! Wow, a 5K with little legs - I am very impressed!

Susan said...

A 5K is a long way for a lot of people with long legs. Good job, Heather, Rose, Kaitlin and Michelle!

Delene said...

I'm proud of all of you! Way to go. Dave has made those trees look good, too! I would NOT have riden in the boom that high!! I hate heights, too.

Delene said...

Oh, I did have a suggestion for a good book. "Survivors" by Greg Luke! And...."The Host" is out by Stephanie Meyer! Bought it Friday at Walmart but haven't had time to start it yet.

Rose said...

I did just read "Survivors" that I checked out at the library. I liked that. And, if it weren't Sunday, I would go to Walmart right now to get that Stephanie Meyers book. Thanks for telling me about it.

Carl and Pat said...

Love the photo of your 5 cute kids! Good work on the tree, Dave, and what a dad to let his kids up there with him!

Becky Mitchell said...

I can't believe you got in the boom, Rose. I hate heights, and I think that would scare me to death. Of course I have been in Ed's helicopter and it dosen't scare me as much. I love your Mother's Day gift! I have to second the Stephanie Meyer book. I haven't gotten to read it yet, but one of my sisters is reading it, and she loves it. I did just finish the book called "The Ultimate Gift." If you haven't read it I definetly suggest it. It is a quick read, but very inspiring. Have fun!