In November, Dave and I went to the STAFDA convention in Phoenix, Arizona. It's a convention for tools and fasteners and similar items. The weather was nice and warm. We had one day where Dave did not have any meetings, so we drove about an hour or so north of Phoenix to a town called Sedona.

Sedona had lots of red rock formations like this one all around it. It reminded me of Park City in Utah. It's a tourist town. Lots of little shops and restaurants and pretty scenery. We went to a really yummy Mexican restaurant.

The happy couple.


This is a tree we saw there. It looked like the bark was green camofluage. I learned later that it has a green tint to it, because the cells contain chlorophyll. In trees around Utah, the bark does not have chlorophyll. The leaves do. In this tree, because it is a desert climate, the leaves are smaller to help retain moisture, so the bark also contains chlorophyll to help the tree make food from the sun. I found that fact interesting.

On our way back to Phoenix, we stopped at these Indian ruins. It is called Montezuma's castle. I'm glad we don't live that way now. It was interesting to see, though. Very similar to Mesa Verde in Colorado.

On one of the days Dave had meetings, I went to the Desert Botanical Gardens. It was very pretty. Lots and lots of desert plants. This is the saguaro cactus. You see it a lot in Phoenix. Did you know they actually have wood inside of them like a tree? I learned a lot there. We had a great time.
1 comment:
I did not know they have wood inside of them! I think that it is awesome you go with Dave on some of his buisness trips. I think it is really important for a marriage.
Post a Comment