Monday, May 17, 2010

Disney World

Dave had a business trip in Orlando, Florida, so I flew in at the end of his trip and we spent a few days at Disney World. DisneyWorld has four parks, plus some water parks, shops, resturaunts and hotels, and a sports center. We only had three days, so we just hit the four parks. Epcot Center, Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, and the Magic Kingdom(which is basically Disneyland in California) I'm standing in front of the golf ball structure that the Epcot center is famous for. The fountains behind me would dance to music every once in awhile. It was cool.
Dave sitting by one of the many carved bushes. This one is a troll.
Dave in front of China's portion of the Epcot center. They have several countries there, but we only made it to half of them. We ran out of time.
This mountain you see is the Mount Everest roller coaster. I'm not a roller coaster person, but when it's just Dave and I, he can usually talk me into it. When we first got to it, they had it closed down for repairs. I was glad. Those kind of rides make me so nervous. But, we did go back later and it was open. I did go on it, and I have to admit, it was a lot of fun.
The next day we went to Animal Kingdom. I'm wearing my 3-D bug glasses to watch the movie, "It's tough to be a bug." It was a really cute movie. I would highly recommend it.
The big tree in the center of Animal Kingdom is made of cement, but it has several animal carvings in it. Here is one of them.
We ate breakfast at Animal Kingdom, but didn't realize that we were actually at a Character breakfast. We saw Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Pluto, and Goofy. Animal Kingdom had a Safari ride, too, that was a lot of fun. Animal Kingdom closed at 5:00, so we then went to Magic Kingdom. I didn't download any of those pictures. It's basically Disneyland.
The next day we went to Hollywood Studios. One of Dave's favorite movies is "The Incredibles", so we posed for a picture with Mr. Incredible himself.
Again, Dave talked me into a scary ride. This one was worse, though. It's called the Tower of Terror. It's like you are in an elevator of an old hotel and it suddenly drops you 13 stories. I almost didn't go on it. But, I did, and it really was a lot of fun.
Dave's eating Mickey Mouse.
Outside of the Star Wars ride was a star wars cruiser (I don't know what it is really called).
This is inside waiting for the Toy Story ride. What a fun ride. So many times Dave and I wished our kids were there with us. They would have loved this ride. The funny thing is, though, when we got home, we were telling them about this ride, and they knew more about it then we did. They've seen it on advertisements.
The army men outside of the Toy Story ride. They were funny. There were three of them, and they were acting just like the army men on Toy Story.
The Mickey Mouse hat at Hollywood Studios.
After Hollywood Studios, we went back to Magic Kingdom. Here is a night shot of the castle. We would love to take our kids, but it is so expensive. It cost Dave and I about 550.00 just to get into the parks for 3 days. We didn't see everything, and with kids, you would have to go slower. So, we would probably want to spend 4 or 5 days with kids. That would cost even more. Then you would have air fare, hotels, and food. Maybe someday. Dave and I did have a great time, though.

5 comments:

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

Did you just get back?? Should we have met up in Orlando? We were at Disney Downtown on Wed last week and Animal Kingdom on Thursday. It would have been SO COOL to see you! We had the kiddos so that is all we did, AND my kids FREAKED out at the bug's life movie!!! I thought it was great, especially the bugs crawlling under your bum at the end!

Tracie said...

I loved Epcot center. And the tower of terror is my favorite. I love when you drop. The bug movie was fun until you feel things crawling on your legs. :)

Rose said...

Becca, I think we just missed you. We were there the 7th through the 9th. That would have been so fun to run into you. I could see how the bug movie could be a little scary for kids.
Tracie, I have to admit, the tower of terror is great.

marie said...

Sounds like sooo much fun!!! I must admit I am a little jealous!!:) I haven't been before but Laura and her family went before Seth left on his mission and they also loved it alot! Maybe some day:) Glad you had fun:)

Joe and Nicole said...

Looks like a great time!!