The week after Christmas was a busy one. It was full of fun and family.

First of all, our dishwasher has not been working for a few weeks, so we have been doing dishes the old fashioned way. I decided I wasn't going to do them by myself, so I included everyone. Little Michelle loves to rinse the dishes. It's really cute, but she makes a mess. The boys were also involved in the cleanup, even though this picture makes it look like they got off the hook. They didn't.

The Monday after Christmas, we had my family's Christmas party at my house. There weren't enough chairs for everyone, so Michelle and Luke are sharing.

Some of the kids are using the stairs as a table. There were no spills on the carpet here (that I am aware of, anyway).

Part of the group.

More of the group.

And, more of the group. I think we wore grandpa out. I think he had a good time, though. It was definately noisier than his house.

Tuesday was my brother, Andy's, wedding reception. My sister, Tracie, made these snow flakes to hang from the ceiling. They turned out great.

The happy couple.

The candy cane tree at the reception. Two candy canes glued together into a heart. So cute.

The next day was a very snowy day. So, instead of going home, we decided to wait out the storm in Fayette. The kids made gingerbread houses out of graham crackers. Brooklyn and Michelle were eating so much candy, we finally had to get them down. They loved it, though.

Of course, if there's snow, why not go sledding? That was Uncle Ben's great idea. The only problem is that we only brought coats. No gloves, boots, hats, or snow pants. So, we raided Grandma and Grandpa's closets to find whatever we could. I should have taken a picture of Heather's shoes. She had Sunday shoes and some school shoes that were only closed at the toes. She tried sledding, but she didn't last long. This is Heather and Kaitlin waiting on the 4-wheeler to go sledding. Some of the boys are hooked up on a sled on the back of the 4-wheeler.

Jacob and Luke on the sledding hill. Jacob doesn't look too happy.

Ethan looks deep in thought.

A great shot of Jared and Kevin coming down the hill.

Kevin, Jared, and Kaitlin.

Even Jeff got into it.

Walking back up the hill.

Ben on the snowboard.

Happy New Year! We always love to go out on the porch at midnight and make some noise. Luke is banging some lids together.

Shooting confetti. The mess is still on the porch. I need to go clean it up.

Heather spraying silly string. It was a fun week. Now, life is back to normal. Life is good.
2 comments:
GOOD TIMES!!
Wow those are some great sledding pictures!
Post a Comment