Saturday, April 25, 2009

Crazy week!

Can I just tell you how crazy this week has been? It's been absolutely exhausting. When it rains, it pours. Everything has not really been bad, just too many things in one week. We had dance classes, a swim night at Surf 'N'Swim for school, a baseball game, soccer practice and baseball practice, I got recruited to help with den meeting for the Bear den, Kaitlin had her school play and a maturation meeting, Visiting Teaching appts., Kaitlin's B-day party, dance competition, and a soccer game. But, what made it all worse, is that I had this big Biology test that I really needed to study for. And, there are still all of the normal things like paying bills, dishes and laundry, and for some reason, everyone still wants to eat. Then, to really make things worse, while we were cleaning up for Kaitlin's B-day party on Friday, Michelle hit her head on the corner of the piano bench. Dave ended up taking her to the doctor to get stitches while I took care of the party. We have 5 kids, and she is the first one that has needed stitches. And, one more things to make things worse. We woke up to a flooded basement this morning. We had some gravel smashed in to make the driveway going out back, and the water from the pump couldn't get through all of the gravel, so it went straight to the basement. What a mess. Not much got ruined, but it's a big job to clean up. Any way, now that I've vented, here are a few pictures to enjoy. Michelle with her 4 stitches.
This is what she looked like when Dave brought her home from the doctor.
Kaitlin's school play was "A Midsummer Night's Dream". She was one of the narrators. Someone loaned her this costume.
Part of the driveway and parking space they made out back. We hired someone to do this, so even though it also happened this week, it was not part of the big stress. (Except for the flooded basement).
The people who did the driveway also took out the back porch. No going out the back door right now.
The back porch before.
Michelle enjoying the refreshments at the PineWood Derby.
The refreshments for the Pinewood Derby.
Jared's cool car. Those are bullets in the back to put weight in it.
Jared took first place in the Bear Den, and 7th overall. The Pinewood Derby was actually last week, but because this week has been so crazy, I didn't post them. Well, that's my crazy week. It's not quite over yet. I have to come up with some pioneer costumes for Dave and I for our Pioneer Trek meeting tomorrow night, and we got recruited to teach a Primary Class tommorrow. But for now, I really think I want to curl up in a blanket and watch the episodes of Biggest Loser and Survivor that I didn't get to watch this week.

7 comments:

Tiff Gatten said...

K, I thought I saw a sump pump pumping water out of your backyard when I was on a bike ride last week. Bummer.

How have you gone this long without stitches? We do stitches or broken bones at least every three months, and that's just Corbin. :)

Life is crazy and the more kids you have to more crazy it gets, and yours is only bout to get more crazy.

Andy Bartholomew said...

wow! sounds like an amazing week! ;)

Susan said...

You would guess it would be one of the boys to get the first stitches. I'm glad your week is over. Hopefully this is a slow one so you can catch up on everything and do a little relaxing.

Mary Ann said...

Wow that is a busy week!

Delene said...

Give Michelle a kiss from Grandma! Hope you have a better week!

Tracie said...

Busy Busy!!

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

Holy Toledo Batman!! That is just too much for one person!!