Saturday, March 14, 2009

Delivering pigeons

Dave's Dad called late Saturday afternoon and said he had to deliver some pigeons to a guy in Salt Lake. We all went with him. Here we are in front of his pigeon coops.
Here is a picture of us inside his pigeon coop.
His son gave us this egg from their chicken coop. We are going to eat it tomorrow for breakfast.
This is us with the guy we took the pigeons to. We are in his basement. Dave loved the pillow that was down there. He wanted to take a picture of me with him and the pillow.
This is what the pillow says. Dave says I'm "the catch of his life". Isn't that cute?
Here's the whole family with President Monson. He was so nice. He took us in his basement and was showing us all kinds of things. We were the ones trying to say it was time to go, but he kept finding more things to show us. I can say I've met the prophet now. It was cool. He's just a normal, down-to-earth guy.
These are the pigeons Dave's Dad gave to President Monson. They don't let just anyone show up, though. His son, Tom Jr., is the one that invited Dave's Dad down. They have a security guy in the driveway all the time, and one in the backyard. Pretty cool.

12 comments:

Tracie said...

That is WAY cool!! Maybe I'll start raising pigeons just so I can go hang out with the prophet! Okay...maybe I'll find a different reason to hang out with him.

Joe and Nicole said...

That is fantastic...

Gords said...

Wow - now that is quite the experience. Definitely more intimate than just a handshake. I was on duty as a lifeguard at Deseret Gym when he came in and swam in my pool. What a good memory for your kids.

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

WOW WOW WOW!! That is so cool.

Tiff Gatten said...

Pigeons?! Does he fly them? Very cool for you guys. I remember delivering pigeons to Dave's dad back when I delivered mail...I hated that. I had to go way out of my way to deliver them first so they wouldn't rattle around all day in the back of my car.

Rebecca said...

Your kids will have a great story to tell. I'm so glad you got to go.! Love Becca

Tracie said...

hey you have the same background as susan and I. we must be sisters!!

Andy Bartholomew said...

Wow, that would be a very cool experience....so is Dave going to be the next general athority? or his dad?

Delene said...

What an awesome experience!!! Hope all the kids wrote in their journals!

Susan said...

I gotta say I love the pillow, too.

marie said...

Are you so lucky or what?!!!! I love it I was not expecting to see the prophet! I hope you know I'm thinking about you and your fam right now and I love ya! I'll see you on Thurs.

marie said...

You are welcome to come down any time you want:) It is a great place to hike and lots of sand and a great fam vacation spot:)