Friday, September 26, 2008

Crazy kids and a new lamp

This week has been green ribbon week at our school, which is safety week. Today was crazy hair day. There's not too much you can do with short boy hair, but we did try to spike it up a bit, even though that's normal for some boys. Jared also won this cassette player/radio in a prize drawing at school yesterday for green ribbon week. He was very excited about it.
The girls are a little crazier. This is the back view.
The front you. Heather was also lucky yesterday. She won s $5.00 gift card to the new Chucky Cheese that they are opening in Layton. Poor Kaitlin didn't win anything, but she's a good sport.
When Dave was shopping for my birthday, He saw this lamp at Hobby Lobby. It was 50% off, but he didn't buy it, because he wanted me to see it first. I went in the next day to see it, but it was gone. They were able to give me a rain check and order more in, so here it is. We now have one lamp in our living room, and we got it for 50% off. Little by little, that room will look lived in.
I threw this picture in, too, because Michelle always has a crazy hair day, but her fly away hair didn't show up very well in the picture.

8 comments:

Gords said...

I remember those crazy hair days in elementary school!. That sure is a cute picture of Michelle. I ride my bike past your house about 4 times a week and look over hoping to see Dave out and about to say hello.

Becky Mitchell said...

I love the crazy hair. We haven't had that yet in our school. But, I am sure I would have the same problem with my boys hair. They don't do much. I love the new lamp. I think it really goes with the style you guys have going for the house. Take care and say hi to everyone from the Mitchell's in Cache Valley.

Rose said...

Gordon, you should just stop by. Cathi has a couple of times to fill her water bottle. You guys are always welcome. How far do you ride?

Susan said...

I'm surprised they gave away a cassette player. Most of those kids probably don't even know what a cassette is. Cute background, by the way.

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

LOVE the hair!!! And the lamp!

Rose said...

I think they gave away a cassette player because whatever store donated it probably knew they wouldn't sell it. But, Jared's happy.

Rose said...

Gordon, I checked out your crazy hair picture. That's funny. Love the plaid pants, too.

marie said...

Whats so crazy about their hair?j.k. Although I try to get Talmage to let me do his hair all spiky and cute and he will have none of it! Cute Cute kids as always:)