Sunday, April 01, 2007

Pictures from this past week

For Kaitlin's book report this term she had to dress up as her favorite character from the book. Of course, she chose to dress up as an animal. She wanted to be a squirrel. I asked her why she couldn't be a cat, because we already have a cat costume, but the cat wasn't the main character of the book. I didn't want to make a whole squirrel costume to be used for only 5 minutes, so this is what I came up with.
Dave and I asked her how it went when she got home, and she told us some of the kids made fun of her because she looked more like a mouse than a squirrel. I tried. I looked at a picture of a squirrel. Oh, well, she still looked cute. I know squirrels have bushy tails, but I honestly forgot about the tail until 20 minutes before school when Kaitlin asked where the tail was. I did pretty good for a quick 20 minute tail.
Jared needed a robot for a story they were doing at school. They had to make it out of recycled materials from home. Jared came up with this all on his own. Dave helped him put the tinfoil on, but other than that, it was all Jared's design. He did a good job.

Kaitlin had a dance competition in Logan on Saturday. Her team took first place in all three category's they entered.
Jared got this marble race kit for his birthday last year. All of the kids like it, but Luke really likes to watch the marbles. Dave took this cute picture of him watching the marbles come down.
For General Conference, we like to play Conference bingo with the kids. It helps them listen to at least one session of Conference. We used Cheerios to put on each subject the speakers talked about.
Happy Birthday, Dave! The kids get so excited about planning different things to do for Dave. (Especially since it's on April Fool's Day) Dave and I were woken up by Kaitlin this morning. The kids had the presents out on the family room floor and they had made signs all down the hallway to tell Dave where to go. They had me come out first, and we all hid behind the couch. When Dave came in the room we jumped out and yelled, "Surprise!" They thought that was so funny. Then Dave opened his presents.

4 comments:

Tracie said...

Happy Birthday Dave!! Fun projects! I'm sure it's fun for the kids to do things like that rather than the same old same old we always did.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Dave!!

Delene said...

Happy Birthday to Dave....I'd sing the rest but....! Cute squirrel and cute ballerina! Great robot, too! My grandkids are the best!

JEFE said...

Congrats Dave! May the Lord continue to bless you and your family in all your endeavors.