Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Christmas Day

Christmas Day is always so much fun. This year was no exception. I decided to make all matching PJs. It's hard to buy 7 pairs of PJs of all different sizes that match, so I made them. It's definately not cheaper or easier to make them, but it was fun to all match. Even Dave and I matched. I woke up a little before 7:30 in the morning, and noone was even stirring. When I couldn't go back to sleep, I decided to get up and make a little noise to see if anyone else would wake up. Finally, a little before 8:00, Jared woke up. When he remembered it was Christmas morning, he woke up everyone else.
At our house, everyone lines up at the top of the stairs, youngest to oldest, to come down and see what Santa brought.
This is what the living room looked like when we walked downstairs. Santa doesn't wrap his presents. He just lays them out. Luke got a race track, Kaitlin got a camera, Michelle got a Weeble's treehouse, and Jared and Heather got new bikes.
This is the thank-you letter Santa left us by the empty treat plate. We forgot to make cookies this year for Santa, so we stole some treats off of the plates some of the neighbors brought.
Jared and his cool new bike.
Heather and her cool new bike. Later in the day they took their new bikes on a bike ride. They had fun, but they came home cold.
My Dad, Mom, and brother Ryan came to visit while we were opening presents.
Michelle playing with her new Weebles toy.
Kaitlin reading the instructions for her new camera. Luke playing with his candy cane pop-gun that he got in his stocking. Notice there is green outside. We did not have a white Christmas this year.
All of the kids opening the Wii. That was a high light of the day. They have all wanted one for awhile.
Dave holding his new BB gun while watching the kids play the Wii.
Jared and Luke playing Mariocart.
Dave got me some big stuff for Christmas that was hard to wrap. So, this is how he gave it to me. He took pictures of the kids posing with the stuff, and then wrapped up the picture and put it under the tree. Each time I opened it, he would go outside and get the item. This is Jared holding a cooler. I have been wanting a cooler with wheels, and I got it.
Dave and Michelle posing in the office chair Dave found on KSL.
Kaitlin sitting on the barstools they found on KSL.
Luke posing on some kitchen chairs they found on KSL. We didn't have a kitchen chair for Michelle, so she has been using a folding chair. These chairs look very similar to our dining room chairs. It was a great Christmas. We stayed in our PJs for atleast half the day until it was time to go to Grandma and Grandpa's house for dinner.

No comments: