Sunday, March 18, 2007

Yard Work

Yesterday was a very beautiful day. A lot got done at our house. Dave pruned the peach and apple tree and the kids cleaned up the branches that Dave cut down.
Dave edged the lawn with our tiller/edger. The kids cleaned up all of the stuff he cut out. He also fertilized the lawn.
He tilled the garden. Nothing is planted, but it is tilled.
He put new bark in the flower beds.

We painted the post on the porch and the trim around the front door and garage. I did all of the prep work for that and helped paint. And, I was working inside while Dave worked outside, so even though he did most of the yard work, I was working too. I just had to add that part. After working all day, we picked up a babysitter and went out to dinner and a movie to celebrate 13 wonderful years of marriage. It was a great day.






5 comments:

Tracie said...

Wow! You've been married for half of my life now. That's weird! Congratulations! Your yard looks great. You can come work in my yard too if you want.

Rose said...

Dave did most of the yard work. I'll have to send him.

Mary Ann said...

Happy anniversary

Delene said...

You must have Dave tied around your little finger! What a guy. But I happen to know that the inside work is just as hard and sometimes doesn't get noticed. So kudos to you too! Congratulations on your anniversary. We attended a sealing in the Temple Saturday morning (Kirk and Virgina James) and then I worked inside and your dad worked outside....(He planted peas, carrots and a few other cold weather type veggies!) It's March!

Anonymous said...

Spring does bring a lot of yard work. Guess we'd better get to it and follow your example. I was beginning to wonder if you weren't in the house napping or something. I'm glad you cleared that up.